Ahhhh, those pesky Steelers.
That’s right, this Sunday the Jets roll into Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers in one of the headline match-ups for week 2 in the NFL. The Steelers are coming off a 31-19 loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday night and the Jets are coming off an explosive, all-three-phases type of game against the Buffalo Bills en route to a 48-28 victory at MetLife Stadium.
In an interview with reporters earlier in the week, Lamar Woodley interrupted a reporter’s question about starting 0-2 and stated firmly “We won’t be 0-2.”Yes, it looks like it could be one of games, folks.
Here are some notes and things worth keeping an eye on leading up to the game and going into the game.
- The Revis-less Secondary: With Revis now out for Sunday’s match up, Antonio Cromartie and Kyle Wilson will need to step up big against a deep Steelers WR corp.
- The Injury Bug: Revis, TE Dustin Keller, OLB Bryan Thomas are all out vs Steelers. Obviously Revis and Keller are the significant names on this, but OLB
- Missing Po’uha: After sitting out week 1, will Sione Po’uha’s play help shore up the run defense?
- Not so solid Steelers: OLB James Harrison, S Troy Polamalu, and RB Rashard Mendenhall are all expected to be out of Sunday’s game.
- WR Reunion: WR Jerricho Cotchery and WR Santonio Holmes are both going up against former teams. Cotchery is kind of buried on the deep WR depth chart so don’t expect much from him.
- Austin Howard Take 2: Will new right tackle Austin Howard continue his surprisingly stellar performance against the Steelers? He’ll have his work cut out for him.
- Repeatable Hill: Can WR Stephen Hill and QB Mark Sanchez continue their repore with each other that was responsible for two week 1 touchdowns?
- Steelers OL Woes: Can the Jets get pressure on Big Ben and bring him down with Ben’s suspect offensive line? With Bryan Thomas out, expect a heavy dose of Aaron Maybin on passing downs. Will he be able to generate pressure?
- Cat out of the bag: Will the Tim Tebow led Wildcat produce any eye-popping numbers?
Jets @ Steelers kick off at 4:25 EDT at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.
You can follow me for on Twitter: @JetsFlightDeck for Jets news, information, and analysis!